The Primary Care Coalition offers a rewarding work environment for people who share our values of collaboration, integrity, innovation, and excellence and wish to channel their efforts toward improving health equity in our community. Our organization provides substantial opportunities for growth and professional development at all career levels. The PCC is an equal opportunity employer and offers a full benefits package to eligible employees, including medical, dental, disability and life insurance, a retirement plan, commuter benefits, and generous paid time off.
|Title:||Program Coordinator, Outreach Asian American Health Initiative|
|Department:||Asian American Health Initiative|
Primary Care Coalition of Montgomery County (PCC) in collaboration with the Asian American Health Initiative (AAHI) seeks a highly organized and motivated individual for the position of Program Coordinator. AAHI is part of the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services (MCDHHS). AAHI's purpose is to develop appropriate health programs that meet the needs of a diverse group of Asian Americans living in the County. To learn more about AAHI, please visit www.AAHlinfo.org.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for overall coordination of the Health Promoters Program and outreach activities in diverse communities as well as participation in department-wide initiatives and projects under the supervision of the Program Manager. This is a full-time position as a PCC employee who is assigned to AAHI.
- Plan, coordinate, and evaluate health events such as health fairs, health screening events and health lectures
- Facilitate or lead special projects relating to the development of AAHI’s health and social programs
- Liaise to community-based and faith-based partners
- Prepare reports and monthly invoices
- Attend internal and external meetings
- Maintain outreach supplies inventory
- Oversee the Health Promoters Program
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Lead monthly meetings and trainings
- Create and implement innovative outreach strategies tailored to the health and human services needs of diverse Asian Americans
- Evaluate effectiveness of the Health Promoter Program and outreach activities
- Assist with AAHI's overarching/general projects
- Participate in MCDHHS initiatives and projects as assigned
- Assist staff with health education and linking individuals to needed services
- Provide technical assistance to diverse Asian American communities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or related fields
- 1-3 years of experience working in a public health setting
- Experience with health promotion and outreach, supervising, conducting evaluations, and program planning
- Bilingual ability in another Asian language is preferred but not required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
- Capable of working both independently and on teams
- Must have a solid work ethic
- A valid driver's license and reliable, insured transportation. Inter-county travel is required.
- Evening and weekend hours are required as needed
- Excellent oral and written communication
PCC/AAHI offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.