The Primary Care Coalition offers a rewarding work environment for people who share our values of collaboration, integrity, innovation, and excellence and wish to channel their efforts toward improving health equity in our community. Our organization provides substantial opportunities for growth and professional development at all career levels. The PCC is an equal opportunity employer and offers a full benefits package to eligible employees, including medical, dental, disability and life insurance, a retirement plan, commuter benefits, and generous paid time off.
|Title:||Bilingual Community Health Worker (Full-Time)|
|Job Type:||Non-exempt (hourly)|
|Salary Range:||$23.00 per hour|
- Provides exceptional customer service to families, representatives from partner agencies, and members of the public through face-to-face, telephone calls and video conferencing.
- Consult with parents of international students enrolling in Public Schools to screen for eligibility and make referrals to local programs, including health care, food assistance, housing programs, legal services, and other direct benefits.
- Assist clients with completing applications and/or registration forms and respond to telephone inquiries.
- Follow up with clients by phone to monitor their progress enrolling in services.
- Track and record contact and follow-up activity in the case management tool (training provided) no later than 24 hours after contact with client.
- Participate in planning events and outreach activities.
- Manage paperwork/documentation by ensuring all necessary materials are current and properly filed.
- Maintain confidentiality and protected health information according to federal regulations.
- Conduct other assigned tasks as needed.
- Familiarity with eligibility criteria and guidelines for public assistance programs at the Federal, State, and County levels
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills without compromising attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to engage and interact in English and Spanish
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable using technology to manage referrals, record data, and generate reports
- Demonstrated initiative in problem solving.
- Strong analytical skills.
- High school diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required
- Working experience in a multi-cultural and/or community-based setting for at least 1-2 years preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing may be required.
• This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand, as necessary.
• Requires ability to learn new software applications, as necessary.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other essential functions as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Primary Care Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.