The Primary Care Coalition offers a rewarding work environment for people who share our values of collaboration, integrity, innovation, and excellence and wish to channel their efforts toward improving health equity in our community. Our organization provides substantial opportunities for growth and professional development at all career levels. The PCC is an equal opportunity employer and offers a full benefits package to eligible employees, including medical, dental, disability and life insurance, a retirement plan, commuter benefits, and generous paid time off.
|Title:||Director Practice Management|
Director, Practice Management
Silver Spring, MD
Full-Time or Part-Time
Primary Care Coalition of Montgomery County, Maryland was founded in 1993 when a group of physicians and health care officials imagined a Montgomery County where every resident had access to high-quality health services. They envisioned a dependable source of primary care for low-income, uninsured individuals in our community and created a framework that shared the responsibility for providing that care across the public and private sectors. The Primary Care Coalition (PCC) was formed to help make their vision a reality.
The mission of PCC is to be the catalyst for developing and coordinating a community-based healthcare system that strives for universal access and health equity for underserved community members. The vision of PCC is that all community members have the opportunity to live healthy lives, and that Montgomery County will be the healthiest community in the nation and a model for providing access to high quality and efficient care for all.
This position has both strategic and operational responsibilities. The position serves as the senior subject matter expert on primary care practice and provider network transformation. Along with the VP Healthcare Initiatives, this position develops and implements a strategy for the growth and sustainability of the network of providers who serve over 25,000 low-income, culturally and linguistically diverse adults in Montgomery County. This position leads the Provider Services team, which is responsible for education, training and process improvement activities with providers; provider payment processing; contract compliance and reporting; and provider recruitment and retention in the networks. In addition, the Provider Services team focuses on providers’ maximization of EHR (eClinicalWorks) utilization, accurate data capture, provider quality assurance, and safety-net provider long-term business sustainability.
The Director Practice Management ensures compliance with the PCC-DHHS Montgomery Cares contract, serves as a liaison to DHHS staff, the network of community based clinics, and other community based organizations. The Director Practice Management supervises the Provider Services team and works closely with the Manager, for Community Based Health informatics, Quality Improvement Director and Director External Affairs and Strategy for advocacy efforts.
- Support the development of standards for network participation.
- Provide leadership to support the adherence to standards, while respecting the historical and environmental realities of the safety-net provider landscape.
- Serve as liaison to safety-net providers, Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), and advisory groups such as the Montgomery Cares Advisory Board.
- Envision opportunities for network strength and cohesion (e.g. shared services or contracting, central support services). Build support for and implementation of these models where appropriate for network strength.
As the Provider Services Team lead, provide (with team staff) practice transformation support to safety-net primary care providers to insure the strength and sustainability of providers in the network.
- Assist providers to understand their current business landscape and options for market niche and growth areas; assist them with plans for growth and financial sustainability.
- Assist practices in developing a viable payor mix.
- Identify business drivers for safety-net providers: assist provider to grow their analytic, forecasting, and business planning skills.
- Capture baseline data on metrics and create processes for regular reporting to provider management.
- Continuous improvement. Develop measures of a transformed practice – efficiency and outcome quality – with internal feedback loops that include use of EHR reports to track progress.
- Oversee the bi-annual external Quality Assurance Review.
- Assist providers in achieving EHR utilization (eCW) for practice management and front desk solutions. Provide technical training and support to the providers using the enterprise eCW platform.
- Assist providers in moving towards empaneling patients uploading patient panel for CRISP & access CRISP Encounter Notification Service.
- Lead periodic Clinic Manager Meetings, and convene or attend Executive Director Meetings as appropriate.
- Provide guidance on reimbursement structures that reward health outcomes.
- Create opportunity to introduce new payment methods to the primary care network that prepare these providers for future pay-for-outcome models expected from the Medicaid MCOs.
- Represent Montgomery Cares Program within PCC and the community as assigned.
- Participate on PCC workgroups of interest or as assigned.
- Assist with proposal development and program design for future grants and projects.
- Other duties as need or as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Public Policy or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Experienced team leader, with commitment to mentoring and growing staff.
• Minimum of 8 years of management experience in roles with both internal operations and external facing responsibilities. Experience organizing and coordinating projects/programs information and requirements; monitoring results; planning, arranging, and participating in meetings; managing for results.
• Professional development in practice management certification desirable.
• IT experience in a medical practice with an EHR.
• Ability to learn new computer applications and systems.
• Must have demonstrable experience in: revenue cycle management, business process/performance improvement, and network development.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships at all organizational levels.
- Problem solving techniques and processes to pro-actively identify potential issues and provide options for resolution.
- Ability to work independently.
- Project Management.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data.
- Critical thinking strategies to review data, present ideas, and information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Products (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access).
- Sense of humor and politically perceptive.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing may be required.
- This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Advanced math skills needed to calculate compensation, bonuses, benefits analysis, percentages, etc.
- Requires ability to learn new software applications as necessary
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- May require occasional travel.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.