The Primary Care Coalition offers a rewarding work environment for people who share our values of collaboration, integrity, innovation, and excellence and wish to channel their efforts toward improving health equity in our community. Our organization provides substantial opportunities for growth and professional development at all career levels. The PCC is an equal opportunity employer and offers a full benefits package to eligible employees, including medical, dental, disability and life insurance, a retirement plan, commuter benefits, and generous paid time off.
|Title:||Dental Assistant-Certified Radiation Technologist (Full-Time)|
|Job Type:||Non-exempt (hourly)|
|Salary Range:||$23.00 per hour|
This full-time position provides professional clinical assistance and technical support to both clients and the Dental Team in the operation of the Montgomery County Dental Program. Dental Radiation Technologist Certification is required for this position. This position will provide clinical assistance to the Public Health Dentist in providing primary dental care and patient education to clients; provide direct clinical application and oversight of infection control applications, facility and equipment maintenance, inventory, and relative quality assurance procedures; assist the operational goals of the clinic in scheduling appointments, maintaining client records, coordinating medical, dental, and client information pertinent to access and the direct delivery of quality dental care; provide technical support to the dental team in entering clinic data into data base(s) and clinic statistic forms. The Montgomery County Dental Program has six dental clinics located throughout the county. Dental Assistants may be assigned to a primary location, an alternate/secondary location or one of our satellite/community-based locations with less than 24-hours’ notice. Alternate assigned locations may be temporary or long-term and frequent travel may be required.
This position requires proof of Covid 19+ vaccination.
- Experience: One (1) year of experience as a Dental Assistant preferred.
- Certifications and Qualifications: Certified Radiation Technologist and Qualified Dental Assistant, Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- Education: Completion of high school and proof of completion of a Dental Assistant Program approved by the Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners is required.
- Knowledge in the clinical application of Infection Control Procedures.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply the modern principles, practices, and techniques of dental assisting.
- Knowledge of current materials and methods used in a community dental health program.
- Knowledge of dental anatomy to take diagnostic dental radiographs and skill in operating dental x ray equipment and film developing devices.
- Skill in the care of dental instruments and equipment.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with patients and the public.
- Ability to maintain certification as required by the Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
- Ability to accurately maintain electronic dental records.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
This job operates in a professional environment, with significant remote teleworking during the public health emergency. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers/scanners, and filing cabinets.
• This is largely a sedentary role; however this would require the ability to lift and move files or boxes up to 20 pounds, and bend or stand as necessary.
• Requires ability to learn new software applications as necessary.
• Require ability to travel within Montgomery County, MD.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
PCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.